- Amen and thank to Melinda Gates lnkd.in/e9JjZDx 10 hours ago
- Very cool programs from NASA to harness small business innovation lnkd.in/e5RGc55 10 hours ago
- How wonderful... twitter.com/brennancenter/… 1 day ago
- So cool. Used coffee grounds as fuel is awesome! twitter.com/wef/status/952… 1 day ago
- What a sad sorted mess... twitter.com/denverpolitics… 1 day ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Sleepy Tagsbig ideas communication creativity data design thinking Dyslexia education fatherhood gov 2.0 government 2.0 labels Law layoffs leadership legislative data life linked data management meaning motivation open government open government directive plain english policy rmcamp sematic web SMpolicy socialmedia stereotypes TEDTalks the future of work transparency welcome why words
Tag Archives: design thinking
The following post is by Tim Brown, author of Change by Design and CEO and President of IDEO. Brown is Mr. Design Thinking. The introduction of design thinking and other methods of design into the public policy realm would have a significantly positive impact on the world. The issue raised by Brown in this post is also addressed by Eggers and O’Leary in there book “If We Can Put a Man on The Moon: Getting Big Things Done in Government”.
Innovation! What leads to those break throughs ideas that really help society? Hard work and well embracing your inner child is one thought. In the following TED talk Adora Svitak talks about what we adults can learn from children.
It would probably be better put to say that we adults need to remember the important things in live. Like imagination, creativity, and discovery. Those things society has taught us to undervalue. The only problem is those things lead to innovation. Along with hard work!
Enjoy the talk. Also notice that Svitak uses a Prezi rather than a PPT deck.